YY Control Cable is used as a control cable on conveyors, assembly and production lines. It is generally used indoors as an interconnecting cable in signal and control equipment.
- Generally to BS EN 50525-2-11
- VDE 0250
- CY, SY and YY Cables are thoroughly tested under BSI kitemark KM712695 in our accredited lab prior to delivery.
- The lab is audited by BSI as an independent 3rd party to verify that the testing procedures and the cable meet the standards and are fit for purpose
- Conductor: Plain Annealed Stranded Copper Conductors
- Insulation: PVC
- Sheath: PVC
- Colour: Grey
- Voltage Rating: 300/500 Volts
- Temperature limits:
- Static: -20°C to +80°C
- Flexing: -5°C to +70°C
- Minimum Bending Radius: As Per Manufacturers Datasheet
Should not be installed at temperatures below -5°C
- 2 core: Black with White numbers
- 3 core and above: Black with White numbers plus GreenYellow
Also available with coloured cores as follows:
- 2 core: Blue, Brown
- 3 core: Blue, Brown, Green/Yellow
- 4 core: Brown, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
- 5 core: Blue, Brown, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
- 7 core: Blue, Brown, Black, Grey, White, Red, Green/Yellow
Please note: If you require advice on which cable to use or how and where to install it, it is recommended that you consult a relevant qualified tradesperson. The Superlec Direct team are not qualified electricians.