YY cable is used as measuring, control and checking applications on conveyors, assembly and production lines. The low smoke zero halogen outer sheath is designed for areas of high concentrations of people where fire, smoke emissions and toxic fumes can cause a threat to life.
- GENERALLY TO BS EN 50525-2-11
- VDE 0250
- CY, SY and YY Cables are thoroughly tested under BSI kitemark KM712695 in our accredited lab prior to delivery.
- The lab is audited by BSI as an independent 3rd party to verify that the testing procedures and the cable meet the standards and are fit for purpose
- Conductor: Plain Annealed Stranded Copper Conductors
- Insulation: LSZH
- Sheath: LSZH
- Sheath Colour: Grey
- Voltage Rating: 300/500 Volts
- Temperature limits:
Flexing: -5°C to +70°C
Static: -20°C to +70°C
- Minimum Bending Radius: As Per Manufacturers Datasheet
Should not be installed at temperatures below -5°C
- 2 core - Black with white numbers
- 3 core and above - Black with white numbers plus Green/Yellow
Also available with coloured cores as follows:
- 2 Core: Blue, Brown
- 3 Core: Blue, Brown, Green/Yellow
- 4 Core: Brown, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
- 5 Core: Blue, Brown, Black, Grey, Green/Yellow
Please note: If you require advice on which cable to use or how and where to install it, it is recommended that you consult a relevant qualified tradesperson. The Superlec Direct team are not qualified electricians.